What do I need to bring?
- An old pair of shoes
- A towel
- Dry clothes for after
- Snacks and water
Do I need to have previous experience?
We will tailor our tours to your ability. There will also be a quailified instructor with you at all times.
What are the minimum age?
|Sea Kayaking||12 years old|
|Stand Up Paddle (SUP)||12 years old|
|Canoeing||8 years old|
|Sit on top kayak||8 years old|
Will I have to get into the water?
We will provide you with suitable equipment for the water including wetsuit, buoyancy aid, cag and helmet. If you would like to go for a swim you are welcome to do so, but our instructors will ensure you stay in your boat throughout the session.
What equipment is provided?
- Cag (Rain jacket)
- Buoyancy Aid (Life jacket)
- Boat/ Board
What is a canoe?
A canoe is a large open top boat that can fit two people
It is an ideal chose for anyone with mobility issuses and was orriginaly used for moving large amounts of goods up and down the rivers.
What is a kayak?
A sea kayak is a one person boat that you sit inside. this keeps your legs warm and dry. These boats are also much faster at moving through the water and can be used to travel further distances.
How long are the tours?
- Day tours last 3 hours (2:15 – 2:30 hours on the water)
- Sunset and Night Tours last 2:30 hours (2:00 – 2:15 hours on the water)
- Family and SUP paddles 2 hours
What does “slow adventure” mean?
The term Slow Adventure refers to allowing yourself to be immersed in the experience. Paddle and Sea recognizes the importance and the impact of journeying. We enjoy to teach you about the local flora and fauna. Give you history on the area to give you a sense of place. Throughout our tour we want you to be present in the moment. We aim to let you forget about checking your emails, your social media and daily routine of life.
What are the group sizes?
At Paddle and Sea we strive for quality over quantity.
One Instructor can have up to 6 paddlers on the water at one time. This means you will have a more engaging time on the water. This way your instructor can help you develop your skills and teach you about the environment.
Does the weather effect our session?
- Strong winds will affect us the most on the water the most.
- If winds are too strong we will contact you in advance and plan to reschedule. Please see our cancellation policy.
- Rain is not a problem when we go paddle so don’t worry about that.
- If it’s very sunny we will advise you to put on sunscreen. If you have your own, brilliant! If you forget sunscreen we have a sunscreen station on site that you can use!
- Our equipment will keep you protected from the elements when we are out on the water.
Where can i find you?
We are based at the Cahersiveen Marina in Cahersiveen County Kerry.
Click here for directions on how to find us.
What facillities are available?
- Changing Rooms
- And of course a cuppa tea if you want one.
When should i arrive?
We would appreciate it if you arrived on time for your session. We are located right beside the water so we can get straight on the water once you get changed.
When should I book?
Book now by clicking here
Contact details can be found here
You can also call us on 0833893972
Or you can call down to the marina for a chat.
If we don’t answer your call or we’re not at the marina then we’re probably out paddling! Send us an email or leave a message with someone at the marina and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
How do I pay?
We accept cash or card on arrival.